Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Promotions

So on top of everything else creatively that I am doing, now I have to try and promote myself too! I spend several hours today with 6-10 internet windows open trying to figure out how you promote your shop. It is not easy. I started out with a post in the buisness forum of Etsy, which was very helpful. From there I looked at other people's blogs; specifically I looked at their links to investigate their promotional methods. I found some webrings to join, I learned about Etsy mini and I looked at their advertising. You should notice a few new things around the frindges of this site :-) Do not worry I also did some artwork yesterday. I made two new turtle minitures and a bunny rabbitt. I figured out a new way to attach the limbs on my minitures that is so much easier and faster to clean up then my old method. I fired a bunch of stuff, which can be seen on my etsy sight, but overall I was not very pleased. Things turned out a lot darker than I had expected and some underglazes disappeared all together. I chalked it all up to a learning experience and I will know not to use those glazes later.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I know what you mean about Etsy. I have been on there over three months and I have only sold to friends and relatives so far. I have a feeling it takes ages to get known. I don't mind too much though as I really enjoy creating artwork even if it doesn't sell. I think there are probably just tooo many shops on Etsy but there you go. It is relatively cheap and good fun. Love blogging too. I really like your blog and your craftwork. Keep up the good work.

Sagerocky said...

Thanks Cathy. It is great to know there are kindred spirits out there just trying to do what they enjoy doing. Cheers!

MiniBlog

Fantatic Links To Great Sites

  • www.wrightmacydesigns.com
Etsy Shops Directory