Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Napking Rings are Beautiful

Napkin rings are so beautiful it is too bad that american families do not eat together and if they do they do not set formal tables. Including me. I eat with my husband when we are both home, but we eat in front of the tv. We do not set a formal table unless we are being romantic. We do cook for each other. I feel we (USA) have lost our glamour in our own homes. My friend comes over almost every Thursday, do I clean my house spotless? No. Suddenly it is okay for people to see the real us. To see how we live and that isn't always clean. Well forget it! I miss my napkin rings. I miss my cute placemats. I am clearing the junk off the table and moving it back to a place of power so that we will eat together with our cloth napkins and beautiful polish pottery and maybe even a centerpiece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love napkin rings, too. I made eighty of them for my son's wedding. The flower girls wore them as bracelets and a few made it home for souvenirs.
Even though there is just the two of us, I try to serve a sit down dinner each night, sometimes with napkin ring.
You make really memoriable ones!

Sagerocky said...

Hmmm... I think that sounds like my mom. You are very sweet. They were beautiful napkin rings and I had to fight the flower girls to keep mine. Thanks!

MiniBlog

Fantatic Links To Great Sites

  • www.wrightmacydesigns.com
Etsy Shops Directory