Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Too much time off.

Hello!!! I have been gone for too long. Things have been busy. I am currently working on a set of 100 coasters for a wedding in Ausgust. They are 4 inch square pressed with leaves then glazed in green. Let me just tell you it is not easy to find a coaster cutter. It has to be about 4inches and one quarter because clay shrinks when it is fired. Since we wanted 4 inch square coasters we had to find a square that was slightly bigger, no small feat. My husband and I went on a shopping expedition and what we found was a lid off of a square box that was the right size. No cookie cutters at all as far as the eye can see. We have been using the lid and of coarse it is not going to make it through all 100. So then we looked on the internet at a lot of pottery shops and they did not have any coaster cutters either! I was shocked. I did not know it would be this hard. If any one knows where they could find a tile or coaster cutter that would produce a 4 inch square tile when done firing I would really like to know where!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bailey makes all sorts of tile cutters. Kinda expensive but will get the job done and last forever.

http://www.baileypottery.com/potterytools/slabtools.htm

Anonymous said...

I can make whatever size/shape cookie cutter you need, just drop me an email.

MiniBlog

Fantatic Links To Great Sites

  • www.wrightmacydesigns.com
Etsy Shops Directory