Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Sale

I have sold things in the past that my husband made and I decorated. BUT today I sold something on Etsy that was entirely mine. I am soooooo excited. What a great feeling. It was just a little thing, but it was something and it makes me feel so accomplished. In other news: yesterday was painting day. I have a bunch of fish ready to go into the kiln and also I have the pieces to a wind chime I am making with butterflies, lady bugs, and caterpillers all ready to go in. Painting takes so much time. You really have to save up a bunch of pieces and do them all together because you need three coats of any glaze. I paint one color at a time that way the brushes do not have to get cleaned like every single color on every single piece. I was also making a glaze color test piece because I do not have one. It is a piece of pottery with all the underglazes sampled and labeled on it so that you can see what they look like fired. Up till now I have been guessing as to what they will look like. When that is done I will be one step closer to a completed work shop especially since I am now a Selling clay carver.

2 comments:

drharte said...

Congratulations! You rock! :)

Helene

Sagerocky said...

Thanks babe! You get a doctor's - I sell a magnet, the world is turning the right way for us! HA!

MiniBlog

Fantatic Links To Great Sites

  • www.wrightmacydesigns.com
Etsy Shops Directory